Our third-grade classroom, have some procedures and rules that are explained to the students to encourage positive behaviors. They are designed to improve a positive school culture for the students.
These expectations will address how students treat each other, how they work in the classroom, and how to talk appropriately to the teacher. As your child teacher, I want you to understand how important is to be consistent with the classroom behavior expectations. Also, the students will be acknowledged for what is going to be expected from them during digital citizenship. Incorporating technology allows them to feel more confident, engaged and connected to the school community. I encourage you to take a look of the rules, consequences and reward inside the classroom.
Students will be learning!
- Language and Literacy
- Math/ Lab
- Social studies
- Group work
- Be Proactive
- Begin with the end in mind
- Put first thing first
- Think win-win
- Seek first to understand then to be understood
- Display self-control
- Display positive attitudes
- Work well with others
- First Offense: Loose Class Dojo points
- Second Offense: Verbal warning
- Third Offense: Time-out inside the classroom
- Fourth Offense: The student will be sent to the office
- Fifth Offense: Contact Parents
Rewards & Privileges!
- Lunch with the teacher
- Lunch with their parents
- Yoga ball tickets reward
- Treasure box for the most number of Class Dojo points
- STAR Referral & Recognition for perfect behavior
Additional practices & Policies!
- Homework will be sent home daily.
- AR Book needs to be read three times before taking the test.
- Free Math Tutoring is offered to the students' afterschool, 3:00 pm till 5:00 pm
- 10% will be taken for every late homework
- Only 7 absences without notice are allowed
- School opens at 8:30 am
- 3 Tardy will count as 1 absence
- Grading policies, procedures, and standards will be provide on each assignment
Every assignment uses rubric, please read the instruction to familiarize with the expectations for a successful completion.
We are going to have a Fun and Excellent year!!