Welcome to Mrs. Rogge's classroom website! Throughout the school year this site will be used to inform you on all things Kindergarten!
The Rogge's Room tab is home to Announcements and Reminders. This portion of the website will serve as a monthly newsletter. It is a quick and easy place to look for important messages, events and reminders from your child’s teacher. Scroll all the way to the bottom to find the Save the Date section for a convenient list of events to add to your calendar.
Announcements and Reminders: May & June
- Virtue Assembly: Our class will be the “Sayers of the Truth” on May 3rd. Friends and family are welcome to watch the assembly in the gym at 9:15am. We will speak about the virtue of justice.
- Zoo Field Trip: Our field trip to the MN Zoo is on Friday, May 10th. Students should wear their uniform, but wear comfortable footwear and other weather appropriate gear. Don’t forget a completely disposable lunch!
- Music Concert: The School of Grammar music concert will be Thursday, May 9th. Please note: Students should be dropped off in their classroom no later than 5:45pm.
- Grandparents/Special Person Day: Grandparents/Special Person Day has been rescheduled for Friday May 17th, 9:00-9:30am. Please see the Nova News for the link to RSVP if you have not done so already.
- Multi-Cultural Feast: We will be having a feast to celebrate all of the different cultures students are studying on Friday, May 24th. Students will showcase foods from the diverse cultures they have researched. We are asking parents to help provide an item of food from the country your child learned about. Please remember that peanut products cannot be allowed and everything should be peanut-free. Keep in mind I will also need a couple of parents who are available to help set up, serve and clean up our celebration. More information about how to volunteer will be coming home soon! Thank for all your help!
- Nova Classic Run and NPTO Carnival: Mark your calendars! The Nova Classic Run and NPTO Carnival will be on Saturday, May 11th. View the Nova News in your browser for more information.
- Boosterthon: Boosterthon is a 2 week fundraising event culminating in a Fun Run on May 7th. I will send out more information via email about how to participate.
- End of Year Poetry Recitation & Celebration: Mrs. Rogge’s Kindergarten class would like to celebrate all of their amazing accomplishments this year! We will host a recitation and celebration on Thursday, June 6th 11:00-12:15am for scholars and their families. You are welcome to sign students out to spend the rest of the afternoon in celebration or students can stay at school for recess, lunch and some classroom clean up. Just be sure to let Mrs. Rogge know before leaving and sign students out in the office. Then we will gather for the last day of school on Friday, June 7th. Dismissal is at 1 o’clock. Thank you!
* As always, feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns! *
Save the Date
Here are some dates to write on your calendar.
- Virtue Assembly: May 3rd @ 9:15am (Justice)
- Fun Run : May 7th
- SoG Music Concert: May 9th (Drop students off by 5:45pm) Concert @ 6pm
- MN Zoo Field Trip: Friday, May 10th
- NPTO Carnival: Saturday, May 11th (10am-3pm)
- Grandparent's/Special Person Day : May 17th @ 9am (Please RSVP)
- Multi-Cultural Feast: May 24h
- NO SCHOOL: Monday, May 27th (Memorial Day)
- Poetry Recitation & Celebration: Thursday, June 6th @ 11:00am
- Last Day of Kindergarten : June 7th * 1 o'clock dismissal *