Just a reminder that all students need inside shoes now that the weather has become rainy and snowy. This helps keep our classroom cleaner and safer.
This is the website for Division 4 at David Cameron Elementary School. Please use this page to find out about homework assignments, upcoming events and PAC projects. This page will list homework assignments and upcoming events. The About Me section now has examples of our students' written work. The Contact Me section has information about contacting me at school through phone messages, school email, and your child's agenda.
Let's keep reading for the Let's Read program. The first recording sheets have already been sent home. Students can get new pages in the hanging files on the file cabinet closest to the door we use. All Let's Read pages need to be handed in by Friday for children to be recognized the following week in our assembly. Let's keep them coming in. There's an ice cream sundae party when everyone has returned the first 25 nights reading sheet.
January 16 - Fieldtrip for Division 4 and 5 to the Dominion Observatory at Little Saanich Mountain. Postponed until Thursday, February 20
Scholastic book orders for January are due Friday, January 24. If you need this date postponed please contact me
Pink Shirt order due January 31
Homework and Assignments - January 20, 2020
Our library book exchange day is Wednesdays.
Math - finish page 88 in the practice Book
- keep practicing subtraction facts
Writing - working on draft of animal story at school
Reading - we have begun our Literature Circle novels at school
Science - Biomes project presentations need to be finished on Monday
- complete/begin your moon chart each night to record phase of the moon
Social Studies - we will begin our First Nations study next week
Christmas Around the World - a multi-media presentation about a country or culture and how Christmas (or another major holiday) is celebrated in a country of the student's choice. Each student has chosen a different country. These oral projects will be presented the second week of January. Students will have some time to work on their project at school during the first week of January. Presentations will begin next week due to weather interruptions at school.
Spelling - test on Tuesday for first list of 2020
- Thrifty Foods Smile Cards
- Canadian Tire money - drop off at the DC office and says it's for PAC
- Cobs Bread - just mention David Cameron at the time of purchase and Cobs will donate a portion ofDPAC each purchase back to our PAC
- Oliver's Labels - they donate 20% of each purchase to David Cameron PAC. Their link is: www.oliverslabels.com/DCPAC
- Peninsula Co-op - use our membership number #56855 at any of the fifteen Peninsula Co-Op locations on Lower Vancouver Island