Roll Of Thunder, Hear My Cry
Go to www.english.uiuc.edu/maps/poets/a_f/brown/photos.htm to answer the questions below.
- Study the photographs. What stands out to you about these images? Describe the quality of life for sharecroppers.
- Put yourself in one of these photographs. Write a diary or journal entry describing your thoughts about your life and your future.
Conduct your own research to answer the questions below.
- Define sharecropping.
- How is sharecropping similar to slavery?
- If slavery is illegal, how is sharecropping legal?
- Describe the traps which tied sharecroppers to the land.