Roll Of Thunder, Hear My Cry
Go to www.pbs.org/wnet/jimcrow/stories_org_kkk.html to answer the questions below.
- What groups do the KKK oppose?
- During what time period did the KKK have the most political power?
Go to www.pbs.org/wnet/jimcrow/stories_events_kkk.html to answer the questions below.
- What things did the KKK do to frighten people and maintain power over non-whites?
- Imagine the reaction of a man being hunted by the KKK. How would it be different for his wife? for his children? Write a short diary entry or journal entry from the perspective of a wife or child of a hunted man.
- Mob violence occurs when a group of people become focused on a violent plan, and "feed" off one another in their excitement. Soon no one person can stop the violent events from taking place. What examples of mob violence can you think of from recent times? If you can't think of any, write a fictional event demonstrating mob violence.