Welcome to online learning at Trade School U.S.A., and thank you for enrolling in Trade Exploration, Ed. 110. Your participation in virtual learning will add a new dimension to your higher education learning and pave the way for you to reach another level of achievement. Online classes allow for flexibility in completing the courses for your trade degree and saves you travel time in your busy schedule. It is important to know though that this learning format requires self-discipline to make progress in the course.
Here are some beginning steps you can take to prepare yourself for academic success in Ed. 110.
- Ensure that you have a personal computer with internet access. You will need Microsoft Word or a Google Docs account for completing certain assignments.
- Within a week of enrollment, you will receive an email providing you with the details about how to access the course.
- It is wise for you to consider your class load for the semester if you are taking other courses. It is suggested that you establish which days and times would work best for you to work on the course. As needed, you can adjust your schedule to meet your needs.
- Find a method to organize your course materials.
- As with a traditional classroom setting, appropriate behavior is crucial for creating and maintaining a positive learning environment. As you post things on the discussion forums or communicate via email with your classmates, please remember to use respectful language. Keep in mind that you are preparing for the workforce where professional communication is expected. "Think before you post it." If you have questions, please contact me for support. Your questions are important, and the sooner you seek help, the more you will be able to keep up with the course requirements.
I am looking forward to getting to know each of you through this virtual learning experience. Your enthusiasm and diligent work will prove to be of great benefit to you and your fellow classmates.
Amy Crane, M. Ed.