Mrs. Webb’s Class
· Reading: Read the daily book in the bag and discuss it with an adult.
*Students who are reading on higher levels will have a book every other day, and a reading response journal assignment on alternating days (rather than a book everyday). This is to help develop higher level comprehension skills of advanced texts. You will be notified of the homework difference, if this applies to your student.
· Writing/Spelling/Word Wall Words: at least 3 activities per week on the Spelling/Word Wall Word sheet in the B.E.E. Book (lightning words for the first four weeks of school) Please mark the activities chosen in the notebook.
· Math: worksheet daily (except Fridays)
· Additional Optional Activities:
1. monthly homework calendar (updated and inside the BEE book)
2. ways to help your child at home (see page on this website labeled How to Help)
3. Keep a reading response journal at home. Write a short summary of the daily book in your own words.
4. Keep a writing journal at home.
***At Cedar Hill homework is a practice session at home. Additionally, Students will get credit and can earn rewards for homework with their “Hot Homework on Time” card.