Grade: 5 Religion 10/03/2020
Chapter: 30: Unto Everlasting Life
Class Test is on 11/10/2020
- Funeral Etiquettes are be serious and do not misbehave, express your sorrow for the family, Pray for the dead, Dress formally, preferably in black, color of mourning.
- Death is the end of man’s earthly life at which time soul and body are separated.
- There are two types of Judgment. They are particular Judgment and General Judgment.
- At death we will be judged on how we made use of the grace Jesus merited for us on the Cross. This is called the particular judgement. Judgment for all men takes place at the end of time is called General Judgment.
- Purgatory is the temporary state of purifying suffering after death for those who die in God’s friendship but who do not yet have the holiness to be with God in heaven.
- Hell is a separation from God and Mortal sin is choosing separation from God
- Heaven is a death in a state of grace and Union with God and is eternal happiness
- The end of the world will also be the time for “the resurrection of the body.
- Every prayer we say, every sacrament we receive, every act of love for others makes us more and more into the kind of person who will be able to enjoy eternity with God.
- “Behold the dwelling of God is with men. He will dwell with them.. He will wipe away every tear from their eye, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain any more, for the former things have passed away” (Rev 21:1-4].
- The corporal works of mercy: Give food to the hungry, drink to the thirsty, welcome the stranger, clothe the naked, bury the Dead, and Visit the sick and those in prison.
- The prayer “the souls of the faithfully departed”
God, the Creator and Redeemer of all the faithful, grant to the souls of Thy servants departed the remission of their sins, that, through pious supplications, they may obtain the pardon which they have always desired. Who lives and reigns with God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, world without end. Amen.
Do the quiz
What are the Funeral Etiquettes ?
2._____________________ is the end of man’s earthly life at
which time soul and body are separated.
3. There are_______________ types of Judgment. They are ___________________________ and ________________________.
4. What is death?