¡Bienvenidos a la clase de Español!
With more than 37 million speakers, Spanish is by far the most spoken non-English language in the U.S. today, among people ages 5 and older. This makes the United States the third-largest Hispanophone country in the world after Mexico and Colombia. Besides, official language of 21 countries, second language used for international communication, and third most widely spoken in the world.
At Excelsior Prep Charter School o Miami Garden, we teach Spanish from Kindergarten to fifth grade. Our general goal is to achieve a basic knowledge of the language that introduces our students to their first level of communication. We use the book "Descubre el Español" to fulfill this task.
At the present quarter, which is divided in 9 weeks, we will be covering the next topics:
- Saludos y despedidas (Greetings and Farewells)
- Las vocales en español (The Spanish Vowels)
- El alfabeto en español (The Spanish Alphabet)
- Los primeros pasos para leer en español (First Steps to read in Spanish)
- La familia (Family)
- Los amigos (Friends)
- La casa (Parts of the House)
- La ropa y los colores (Clothes and Colors)
- Trabajadores de la comunidad (Community Helpers)
Every week, students will be completing an assignment, based on the content we have covered during the week. Their participations, work habit, and completion of the assignments highly influence their grades. Hoping to have a wonderful and safe school year! Gracias.