Click on your link for more information!
|K||Kindergarten||3rd||Third Grade||101||Sixth Grade / 101/102|
|1st||First Grade||4th||Fourth Grade||7||Seventh Grade|
|2nd||Second Grade||5th||Fifth Grade||201||Spanish 201/202|
Did you know...
• the Elementary Spanish program began in 2007
What does the program include?
• Students actively involved using the language
• Emphasis on speaking and listening skills.
• Cultural exploration
• Highly interactive lessons with music, chants,
• Engaging Internet activities that promote student
• Elementary certified language teachers
• Use of Spanish by the language teacher 90-95%
of the time
What are the benefits of learning another language in the elementary school?
Learning a language at an early age...
• Has a positive effect on intellectual growth.
• Enriches and enhances a child's mental
• Leaves students with more flexibility in thinking,
greater sensitivity to language, and a better ear
• Improves a child's understanding of his/her native
• Gives a child the ability to communicate with
s/he would otherwise not have the chance to know
• Opens the door to other cultures and helps a child
understand and appreciate people from other
• Gives a student a head start in language
• Increases job opportunities in many careers
where knowing another language is a real asset.