Mrs. Stephanie's Classroom
Mrs. Stephanie's Montessori Special Education class is centered on the thought that a peaceful classroom leads to a hard working student. Her classroom is a small, special education class, catering to the needs of various disabilities, but largely focused on students with autism spectrum disorder. You will almost always find the lights off in Mrs. Stephanie's classroom. This helps create a calm atmosphere with students who have sensory issues. Instrumental music is played quietly to eliminate background noises that may also effect sensory sensitive students. The music, which loops throughout the day, provides repitition and predictability, which is beneficial for a successful school day. Each student has unique educational needs within the classroom. Our Montessori classroom allows us to create individualized work plans in addition to their IEPs that are centered on their strengths and needs. Hands on materials allow the students to learn through exploration, centered around their individual interests, at their own pace. Mrs. Stephanie and her classroom aids promote peace and respect by modeling.
- 9:00-9:30: School announcements and classroom morning meeting. (Monthly school wide morning meetings at 9:15)
- 9:30-11:30: Work Cycle (Weekly Technology class at 10:30)
- 11:30-12:00: Snack and silent reading.
- 12:00-12:45:Specials (Gym, Music, Library, Art) Changes daily, seperated by year.
- 12:45-1:35: Lunch/Recess
- 1:35-2:30: Language arts group
- 2:30-3:00: Computer
- 3:00: Dismissal