Length and Area
You need to know:
1. Measurement skills are needed for many jobs, such as engineers, buliders etc.
2. At present, we are using the metric system of units developed in France in 1789.
3. Kilo means 1000 and mega means 100 000; centi means 1/100 and milli means 1/1000
4. The metric system is more correctly called Le systeme International d'Unites or SI for short.
Length: The metre (m) is the base unit for length in the metric system
1) 1 kilometer (km) = 1000 metres (m)
2) 1 metre (m) = 100 centimetres (cm)
3) 1 cm = 10 millimetres (mm)