Hi!! A little about me in bullet points.
My Professional World:
- This is my first year in Richmond.
- I have taught 8th grade ELA and 8th grade US history in other school districts.
- Bachelor's of Education - University of Cetnral Oklahoma
- Master's of Arts - Baker University
- Certifications - 5-12 Social Studies; 5-12 English, k-12 FACS, K-12 Special Ed Mild/Moderate
- In my previous, non-education life I have worked as a secretary, director of a salon and spa and social worker.
My Family World:
- My husband, Paul, and I have been married for five years.
- I have 6 children in the house and one who has moved out.
- Kathryn - 20 years old (mother of my 18 month old grandson, Kain)
- Sarah - 16 years old
- Roman - 12 years old
- Phillip - 12 years old (step son)
- Lilly - 10 years old (step daughter)
- Eli - 3 1/2 year od (twin A)
- William - 3 1/2 year old (twin B)
- I love my furry friends.
- Bear, English Shepherd dog (My children named him)
- Gatsby, cat (Named after the Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald)
- Zelda, cat (Named after F.Scott Fitzgerald's wife)
- Archimedes, rat (named after Greek philosopher)
- Socrates, rat (named after a Greek philopher)
- I have amazing parents who have made me who I am today.
My Social World:
- I'm very active in many facets of my community
- I volunteer at my church working with the youth and in the ladies' ministry.
- I volunteer with Lone Jack Historic Site
- Just finished a new exhibit (your should really go check it out!)
- First person impressions of Lucinda Cave
- Other events and activities throughout the year.
- I am a living historian and often educate the public on the role of women in the American Civil War.
- I have assissted in exhibits at Fort Osage and the Atkins-Johnson Farmstead
- My main hobbies are:
- Restoring my 100 year old house
- Sewing / Crafting
- Sleeping (ha, ha, ha)