Let Me Give You the FACS of Life!
Hello everyone a little about myself. My name is Kyshia Brendel Wynn and I am a teacher here at Columbia High School in Columbia, North Carolina. I have been teaching Family and Consumer Sciences education for four years, this will be my fifth year teaching and my second year at Columbia High School.
A little bit about me.
- I graduated from Columbia High School in 2001.
- I graduated from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University with a Bachelor of Science in Child Development and Family Studies in December 2006.
- I graduated from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University with a Master of Arts in Teaching Family and Consumer Sciences Education in May 2010.
- I taught Family and Consumer Sciences Education in Winston Salem/Forsyth County for three years before moving here in 2010/2011 school year.
- I coach JV Volleyball and Varsity Girls Softball here at Columbia High School.
- I am the FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America) sponsor for Columbia High/Middle School.
- I have a four year old daughter named Brooklyn. She is the light of my life. I also have a Jack Russell Terrier named Bit-Bit and he is three now.
I believe that every student can learn and every student can excel in the classroom and life, no matter what their background. I treat my class as if it were a community. We all have opinions and have the freedom to express them in a respectable manner. I have but one expectation in my class and that is RESPECT for any and all students, community members, parents, faculty and staff on the premises and those that have come to visit our room.
I believe that students hold the key to success and without proper guidance and a fostering of critical thinking they will be lost in the this new technological society that we live in today.