Starting this week (12-5-11), we began learning vocabulary words in class. Each week we will have a new list of words to define.
We will be defining the words and using a tic-tac-toe sheet as vocabulary activities. On Friday we will have a vocabulary quiz.
Here are the Directions:
1. Monday—define your vocabulary words
2. Tuesday—choose one of the activities from the tic-tac-toe board
3. Wednesday—choose another activity which connects with the first on the tic-tac-toe board
4. Thursday—choose a third activity to make a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal line on the tic-tac-toe board
5. Friday—turn in your definitions and tic-tac-toe activities prior to the weekly quiz
The activities on the tic-tac-toe sheet include some of the following activities:
- Write a short story using seven of the vocabulary words correctly and underline your words in the story
- Draw a detailed picture of you doing one of your favorite activities. Hide/disguise your vocabulary words in the picture
- Create a crossword puzzle using ten of the vocabulary words
- Draw a picture for each vocabulary word to illustrate the meaning of the word
- Write your vocabulary words on a sheet of paper and then write a synonym and antonym for each word
- Create a cartoon strip using ten of the vocabulary words in the conversations between the characters
- Use each of the vocabulary words in a complete sentence. Be sure to use the word correctly in the sentence
This week's vocabulary list includes many classic Christmas and holiday words.