Outlined below is information and due dates for assignments.
Please create a Google Document for your reading responses. Please follow the directions below:
- Title the document as Your Last Name - ENG 10 class section (A, B, C, D) and share the document with me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This will be your only document for reading responses for the sake of organization.
- After reading, please write a response afterward in this space. Each response shall be at least 300 words and completed before the next class. I may ask a prompt that will be told in class otherwise, it is up to you.
We will write a narrative essay before reading Speak. Below are three prompts-- please write only 1 essay response. We will do a teacher-conference workshop and a peer-editing workshop in class (the week of Sept. 21-25). It is due September 28th class time, printed.
1. Think about a time when you didn't know what to say — until it was too late. Retell your story the way you wish it had happened.
2. Think about something that happened to you that you'll never forget. Write about what happened, who was involved, and where it happened. Make sure you capture what makes that event hard to forget.
3. Think about a time when you stood up for what you believed in. Be sure to set share with your reader what the situation was like, what happened when you stood your ground, and what happened as a result.
First Unit Test
Our first unit test is tentatively planned for October 16th on Speak and figurative language. We will have a review session before the test and I will make myself available for more dates before the test. It will consist of
- 10 multiple-choice questions
- 3 short response questions