Welcome to phlebotomy training!
Instructor: Andres Beltran - CPT-1, EMT
This is an exciting 3 week hybrid course! It qualifies students to take the state exam to obtain a California phlebotomy license from the Department of Public Health. For this reason, it's important that you dedicate and commit yourself 100% to the program, in order to be succcessful.
The state exam can only be taken after you have completed 40 hours of in-class lecture and lab training. After the state exam is taken and passed, you will be required to complete an additional 40 hour externship, to get 'real -life' experience in the field. However, even though the state only requires 80 hours of class lecture and hands-on training, this program requires a minmum of 94 hours total for completion. This is to assure, that student success rate for passing the exam is high and he/she will be well prepared, to practice phlebotomy as a Certified Phlebotomy Technician.
Class Program Structure (in sequence)
- 54 hours of instructive in-class lecture and lab training.
- Take the state exam after program completion.
- 40 hour externship (after passing the exam)
- File required paperwork to apply for the California Phlebotomy License-1. (CPT-1).
- Empower students to become decision makers and work independently.
- Learn good motor skills.
- Encourage student growth during training.
- Teach students the ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Understanding the importance of strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Learn how to be a patient advocate.
Class: Monday - Thursday (8am-5:00pm)
(1 hour lunch)
|Week 1: Intro to Phlebotomy; Anatamy & Physiology (Lab Included)|
|Week 2: Basic Phlebotomy Procedures (Lab Included)|
|Week 3: Infection control; Equipment and Supplies; Healthcare legal issues (Lab Included)|