Mrs. Amy Dahl
Class website: http://adahl83.educatorpages.com
Contact Information: Room 16 phone: 910-484-1151ext.416 email: email@example.com
Required Classroom materials: pencil, paper, a 3 ring binder with dividers, textbook, and a TI-83 calculator. (A TI-83 calculator will be provided for in class use but it is highly recommended to purchase for at home use.)
Tutoring: Students who have an absence or require extra help are encouraged to attend before school tutoring on Wednesdays and Fridays from 7:15-8:00.
Grading Policies: Assignments will be given on a daily basis. Quizzes and tests will be given periodically. Homework will be checked for completion and reviewed. No credit will be given unless all problems are attempted and all work is shown. If any student is absent they will be given three days to make up any work missed during that period without penalty.
Homework – 10%
F Below 70
Algebra II Topics
Unit 1: Polynomial, rational and radical relationships
Unit 2: Trigonometry of general triangles and trigonometric functions
Unit 3: Mathematical modeling
Unit 4: Inferences and conclusions from data
Student's Role and Responsibilities:
1) Be on time! Tardiness disrupts the learning process and causes you trouble.
2) Be prepared! Bring your materials (binder, paper, pencils, homework, and book) with you daily when you come to class. Be in your seat with all necessary materials when the bell rings.
3) Be attentive! Be ready to ask and to answer questions on the material and stay on task!
4) Be organized! Keep all handouts, notes and assignments in notebook and in chronological order.
5) Be present! If a student is absent for any reason, he/she is expected to make up all missed work. It is the student’s responsibility to see the teacher about missed work.
6) Be involved! Participate in all class activities. ***Math is not a spectator sport.***It’s like anything else in life, “you get out of it what you put into it”
Additional Classroom rules:
1. Food and drink are permitted as long as it does not distract from learning and is cleaned up entirely.
2. No electronics are allowed during class time. (See Student Handbook)
1st Offense: Warning
2nd Offense: Parent Contact
3rd Offense: Detention
4th Offense: Referral
Students are expected to arrive to class on time. If a student is tardy they will be charged for a tardy and assigned detention according to the student handbook. Detention is at 7:45 A.M. Tuesday and Thursday.
Notebook: Students are encouraged to keep an orderly 3- ring binder in which all bell ringers, notes, handouts, homework, classwork, quizzes and tests should be kept.
Syllabus is subject to change. Please sign and return the bottom portion of the syllabus.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Please detach and return:
I have read and understand the Algebra 2 Syllabus and agree to follow these guidelines.
Student Name_________________________ Student Signature____________________
Parent Signature__________________________ Phone_______________________