We expect all students at Albion to:
- Be Ready
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be a Friend
These are called our “Albion Expectations.”
Our classroom rules are:
- Follow directions
- Treat others how you want to be treated
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself
If the rules are broken, the following consequences will occur:
- Verbal warning
- Move stick to yellow on behavior chart
- Move stick to red resulting in a consequence as seen appropriate (time out, office, phone call home, etc.)
We have a chart in our classroom to monitor behavior. You will see each day how your child performed on a sheet that will remain in the take home folder. Every night you will be able to check and initial that you saw it. Here is what each color means:
Blue= Outstanding!! Your child went above and beyond in class today. They did something extra special to stand out. Please do not expect for this to be obtained every day.
Green= On Target. Your child had a great day and made positive choices! Every child starts out on green each day.
Yellow= Warning. Your child needed to be reminded to make good choices in class.
Red= Consequence. Teacher will decide an appropriate consequence based on the circumstance.
- Allow your child to walk to his/ her locker by him/herself in the morning.
- Please help our school run safer and smoother at dismissal time by waiting in the front lobby after signing your child out.
- Birthday treats are welcomed, but we have an approved list of snacks this year to accommodate all children. ALL SHARED SNACKS MUST BE OFF OF THIS LIST OR THEY WILL BE RETURNED HOME!
- Any money for purchases such as lunches, Book Fair, etc. must be brought to school in a sealed envelope or bag marked with your child’s name and room number.
- Daily Homework- A homework sheet will be sent home with your child on Monday, and due back to school completed on Friday. Failure to do so may result in a lower grade. This is in addition to meeting expectations for B.E.A.R. Club.