Remember! You can access your Astronomy Textbook at www.phschool.com with the access code cae-0621
Thursday Jan 12, 2012 and Friday Jan 13, 2012 (Students taking FAST2 Math Assessment, these items will be accomplished over the next two days)
1. Copy Homework - Page 19 Writing in Science - Cause and Effect Paragraph - Suppose you took a trip to the moon. Write a paragraph describing how and why your weight would change. Would your mass change too?
2. Warm-up Page 18 - Reading Checkpoint What is inertia?
2a. Complete foldable
3. Review Homework Jan 11 and Classwork Reasons for the Seasons Page 15 1-7
4. Lab - Page 16, Can You Remove the Bottom Penny? ( Answer Think it Over - Developing Hypothesis - Page 5 of your I-Book)
5. Videos : From Youtube, Eureka Episode 1 Inertia, Eureka Episode 2 Mass, Eureka Episode 6 Gravity, Eureka Episode 7 Weight vs. mass
Wednesday Jan 11, 2012
1. Copy Homework into your agenda book - Page 17 Checkpoint What is an object's weight?
2. Warm-up Why is it warmer in the summer in the Northern Hemisphere ?
3. Review homework 1/10
3. Complete questions Page 15, 1-7 in your I-book pages 2-3
Tuesday Jan 10, 2012
1. Copy Homework pg 19 2a,b,c
2. Warm Up - Describe the significance of solstices and equinoxes
3. Homework Review 1/9
4. Set Up interactive notebook (See Link I-Book)
5. Lab Page 14-15
6.Closure - Review Data
Monday, Jan 9th, 2012
FAST2 TEST in the morning
1. Copy homework - Textbook Page 19 1a, 1b, 1c
2. Warm-up - Reading Checkpoint - page 12 - What is an equinox?
3. Review Homework from 1/5 and 1/6
Friday, Jan 6, 2012
Fast 2 Review (Winter Packet) Winter Packet Review - Please download and email specific questions you need help with.
Thursday Jan 5, 2012
1. Copy Homework - Textbook Page 13, 1a,1b,2a,2b and Writing in Science, to access on line simply go to page 13! of your online text.
2. Warm-up (FAST2 REVIEW - FROM THE WINTER PACKET YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AT http://www1.pgcps.org/curriculum/index.aspx?id=76512
3. Homework review
4. Classwork review (workbook pages 10-11 ) To access online : Click on 1.1 Earth in Space, scroll down to Worksheet Guided Reading and Study Worksheet and click on GO
5. Jumpstart Homework ( Writing in Science )
Wednesday Jan 4, 2012
1. Copy Homework - Create a foldable - Pamphlet ( fold paper in half (like a book), You will use the
front page and the the two inside pages to create this. This will be glued into your Interactive Notebook.
- Title : Earth in Space (feel free to include illustrations!)
- How Earth Moves - Rotation, Revolution, Calendar, Seasons on Earth, How Sunlight Hits Earth
- Earth's Tilted Axis , Earth in June, Earth in December, Solstices, Equinoxes
2. Warm-up (Review for FAST 2 - All questions are from the Winter Packet - Please download and study!)
3. Textbooks handed out.
4. Workbooks pages 10-11 To access online : Click on 1.1 Earth in Space, scroll down to Worksheet Guided Reading and Study Worksheet and click on GO
Tuesday Jan 3, 2012 - Agenda
1. Copy Homework :
Send an email to Ms. Baker at email@example.com
Subject: Mod #, First and Last Name
2. Complete Warm-up (FAST2 Review)
3. Introduction to Class Website
4. Introduction to Astronomy