June 4, 2012 - Classwork review (workbook pages 10-11 ) To access online : Click on 1.1 Earth in Space, scroll down to Worksheet Guided Reading and Study Worksheet and click on GO
6. Earth's rotation on its axis causes day and night.
8. Earth's orbit around the sun takes 365 and 1/4 days. Fours years of about 365 1/4 years can be approximated by taking three years of 365 years and fourth year of 366 days.
9. It is warmer near the equator because the sunlight hits Earth's surface more directly and is less spread out at the equator.
10. Earth has seasons because its axis is titlted as it revolves around the sun.
14. a. June 21 b. Northern Hemisphere c. September 22 d. Daytime equals nighttime e. Shortest daytime f. Southern Hemisphere g. March 21 h. Neither