HOW TO BE A BUCKET FILLER
- "Everyone carries an invisible bucket that contains feelings."
Definition of a bucket filler - one who says or does nice things for others
- When someone is a bucket filler, they are filling both other people's buckets and their own buckets.
- We want to strive to be bucket fillers!
Definition of a bucket dipper - one who does or says things that cause others to feel bad
- A bucket dipper empties their bucket when they say and do mean things.
- We do not want to be bucket dippers!
BUCKET FILLING PROJECT
Please make sure your child has decorated a can, container, or small bucket for their classroom bucket filling project. Before Thanksgiving break, I asked the children to bring in their decorated buckets/containers.
- Ideas for a bucket include the following items: soup cans, empty frosting containers, small plastic buckets, etc.
- Decorating ideas for your bucket: stickers, fabric, felt, pipecleaners, puff paint, colored paper, etc.
* Make sure your child's name is clearly displayed on their bucket.
Have fun with this project and I look forward to seeing our class fill our buckets with good words and acts of encouragement!
BUCKET FILLER'S PLEDGE
I promise to do my best to be a bucket filler every day, at home, at school, and everywhere I go.
Bucket filling website: http://www.bucketfillers101.com/index.php