For Anderson English 8b
In addition to weekly vocab and grammar quizzes, students will have the following major projects, papers, and tests which will comprise most of their grade
Other Major Assignments:
| Journals |
Students will keep all their daily written assignments in their comp journal. This will be handed in for a grade about every two weeks.
| What you can do to help your student succeed in English: |
1. Go on to Powerschool and check grades periodically.
2. Ask your student what she did in class today. Students perform better when they know parents take an interest in what they are learning.
3. Look through your student’s composition journal now and then.
4. Encourage your student to read something he has written in his journal.
5. Ask your student weekly about upcoming assignments and due dates.
6. Now and then read to your student and have your student read to you
7. Encourage and support your student, even if he falls short of expectations
8. Email me with any questions. AndersonDa@mail.d321.k12.id.us (phone # 359-3310) I can email major assignments to you upon request.