In order to maintain an excellent learning environment, appropriate
classroom behavior is required. Positive behavior is encouraged in my
classroom and easy to obtain by following these school-wide rules:
Observe the rules in all areas.
Take responsibility…Show self control and be dependable.
Truthful…Be truthful in all that you do.
Efficient…Use time wisely.
Respect…Respect people and property.
Safe…Observe safety rules.
Every day is a new day. Students begin each day with 4 otter sticks.
PENALTIES (if you choose misconduct)
Great green (4 sticks): Great Day - acceptable behavior and one warning
Blue Jacket Blue (3 sticks): Good Day - 5 minute penalty
Oiler Orange (2 sticks): Needs improvement - 10 minute penalty
Ranger Red (1 stick): Bad Day - loss of all free time, fill out Penalty Sheet to be signed by parents and returned, phone call home if necessary
1. Praise (daily)
2. "Puck Bucks" (1 per day, if no otter sticks have been lost)
3. Treat/privilege to "zones" with the most points (weekly)
4. Monthly treat (if you have earned enough "puck bucks")
5. Treat/privilege to whole class when 15 "Stanley Cup" Compliments are earned (random)
6. The joy of learning (all year long)
PUCK BUCKS ~ Can be saved and used to purchase various items on a monthly basis throughout the year. Students are responsible for safely storing their own bucks. The teacher is not responsible for any lost bucks.
You are the person who has to decide whether you'll do it, or toss it aside.
You are the person who makes up your mind whether you'll lead or linger behind.
Whether you'll try for a goal that is far or be contented to stay where you are.
Take it or leave it, there's something to do. Just think it over - it's all up to you!
ALWAYS FOLLOW THE RULES
1. Listen carefully and be prepared.
2. Enjoy a positive attitude.
3. Always follow directions the first time.
4. Respect others and their property.
5. Never give less than your best.