What to Expect in Mrs. Antecol's class...
1. A positive, exciting learning environment
2. Spelling Tests every Friday (this is the day spelling homework is due)
3. Reading Comprehension Tests every Friday. These tests are open-book.This will assist each child to get in the habit of reading back into the passage to find the correct answer. This is a great test-taking skill. We will work on writing complete sentences for our answers. This involves restating the question when beginning the answer.
4. Vocabulary tests every Thursday. These are based on a prefix pattern. After 2 lists, the following week is a review week. Then the next 2 lists begin.
5. Math tests at the completion of every chapter. This will occur about every couple of weeks.
6. All student work that is graded for the week will be returned to your child on Friday in his/her Friday Folder. The folder needs to be signed by a parent and returned on Monday. If there are D or F assignments, they are to be corrected and that assignment needs a parental signature. Those D & F corrected papers are to be handed back to me on Monday in the Friday folder.
7. Study guides will be given prior to a science or social studies test. It is essential that the students complete these guides and study from them.
8. Parents, please check and initial your child's agenda daily. Please do not initial for the entire week at once.
9. The easiest way to contact me is through email. I will make every attempt to get back to you that day.
IMPORTANT CLASSROOM IDEAS:
Some people find an excuse, others find a way.
If you don't have time to do it right, you must have time to do it over.
Don't leave any questions blank! Let me see your thinking.
You have to do math to know math.