Fri, Mar 22, 2013
Please note the upcoming class trip to Market Hall in Peterborough on April 9th. Permission forms and payment are due on Monday. Thanks!
Tue, Mar 19, 2013
Welcome back from March break! I hope everyone had a good rest over the week and is energized to get started again. I am glad to see everyone safely back in class.
Wed, Mar 6, 2013
Please note that all grade 7 students will be going to St Stephen's tomorrow afternoon with Mlle McMorrow. They are requested to wear PINK. Thanks!
Tuesday, Feb 5, 20 13
Please note that there was an administrative error regarding our snowshoeing trip. Our class will be going on FEB 19 instead of FEB 6.
Friday, Jan 11, 2013
Welcome back everyone! I hope you and your families had a safe and wonderful Christmas holiday. I am glad to see everyone in the classroom rejuvenated and ready to pick up again where we left off.
Monday, Dec 17, 2012
Our class decided to have a secret santa, which will be help on Wednesday. Please ensure that your child has brought their gift (either bought or made, 10$ value max) on time for this. The label should be addressed to the person they have, and from "secret santa". Thanks!
Friday, Dec 14, 2012
Just wanted to say a huge thank you to all the parents who helped out with today's turkey lunch. It was really appreciated and oh so yummy!
Tue, November 20, 2012
Our class organized the school mass today. Everyone did a great job and I was happy with the results!
Mon, November 12, 2012
Today was an interesting and busy day between the presentations, sessions and our Remembrance Day assembly. The assembly was well done and students who participated in the assembly from our class did a great job this morning. We also had the Student Success teacher from St-Stephen's visit our class and attended the book fair.
Tue, October 23, 2012
The reading response letters are coming to a conclusion. Replacing these will be daily French reading to start off the days. Please ensure that your child has a French book at school everyday.
Grade 8 parents: meeting with Mr. Smith tomorrow after school regarding the Grade 8 grad trip.
Fri, October 19, 2012
It was requested to post successful criteria for the reading response letters. Please find the addition of this page on the website. The criteria will evolve and will be updated as they do. Have a great weekend.
Wed, October 17, 2012
Today has been an unusual schedule as our class received students from other classes in order to accomodate for today's funeral. We are looking forward to returning to a more normal schedule tomorrow. We also had a discussion about respect toward other people's property as we have had a few unfortunate instances with students sitting at others' desks, as well as with laptops and computers in the classroom. I am hopeful that things will improve from now on.
October 12, 2012
Our class has been made aware of a tragedy that occurred on Thursday night. The school community received support and we supported each other in class throughout the day. Please be advised that there will be a note going home regarding this on Monday.
Thursday, September 27
- Our pinata project has officially taken off. The first layer has been laid on all the balloons. The students had a great time working on this and behaved very well as we worked very hard to "contain the mess". I was happy to see so many help out during clean up as well.
- If anyone is able to contribute to our project by sending either flour or old newspapers, that will be very helpful. As we saw today, we will need alot of materials in order to reach our goal: to provide each classroom in the school with a Halloween themed pinata. Thank you in advance!
- We had unexpected guests in our classroom this afternoon: Chex television came and filmed part of our pinata activity. We are not sure when this will be aired, but will be sure to let you know when we are informed.
Friday, September 21st
- A suggestion box has been added to our class for those who might have ideas as to visual arts projects that we want to tackle throughout the year. The class seems to be excited about the latest visual arts project we are about to embark: creating Halloween themed pinatas. It is our hope to create a pinata for each classroom in our school. Students will team up and provide a plan for their pinata and will have to carry out this plan in the final product. Elements to be included in the plan are: title describing the chosen "object" for the pinanta, team members, visual concept of the pinata (photo or sketch), materials that will be required, an idea of the final colours to be used.
- We will be making the glue out of a flour and water solution. If any parents would like to contribute flour for our project, that would be appreciated as we have many pinatas to do.
- We have run out of kleenex boxes in the class. If anyone is able to contribute any, that would also be appreciated!
Thursday, September 20th
- In order to help keep the students organized, I check that homework is written in agendas everyday and initial when checked.
- The letter response (lettre de réponse) handout was passed out today and is in the French duo tang. Each week, students will be writing me a letter about a French book that they are reading. The topic of the letter depends on what the student wants to write me about. Suggested topics are provided on the handout. The class was divided into 3 groups, who will hand in their letter in a specific day. Groups are as follows:
- MONDAY Group - Letters are due on this day
Aidan, Shannon, Maggie, Bailey, Ben, Shantel, Zac, Jelani, Jenna
- WEDNESDAY Group
Phil, Elizabeth, Veronika, Ana, Emily, Alex, Cassidy, Paul, Brett
- FRIDAY Group
Kris, Nic, Simon, Dawson, Graeme, Dan, Nathan, Alyson, Luc
September 14, 2012
Welcome to Mme O'Reilly's grade 7/8 class!
I am please to present this website as a communicating tool with students and parents of our class. Please visit this site frequently for updates on what's hapening within our class, for homework and for monthly newsletters. If you are planning on checking the site regularly, I suggest adding the link to this site in your favourites.
Should parents have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at the school...my door is always open.