Genotypic & Phenotypic Project Using Punnett Squares
Computer Lab Assignment
Ms. Thomas’s Biology Class
1. Students will write a report about what geneticist do.
2. Students will write a report about how geneticists use Punnett Squares to solve genetic disorder cases.
This paper must be double spaced
All sources for this project must be citied.
Identify the structure and Function of DNA, RNA, and Protein Project
Home Assignment Project
1. Students will do research on the structure of DNA
2. Students will build a structure of DNA out of the materials that they choose
3. Students will write and summary on the structure of DNA and build a model of the structure.
Explain Relationships among DNA, Genes and Chromosomes
Computer lab Assignment Project
1. Students will build a PowerPoint on transcription and translation and discuss the mRNA and others factors in the assembly of protein.
2. Students must include all major vocabulary associated with this chapter in their PowerPoint
Identifying significant contributions of Biotechnology to society
1. Students will make a 3Dimensional poster with pictures and describe 3 different biotechnology techniques used today.
2. Ex: Antibiotics and Insulin
Project on Relating Normal Patterns of Inheritance
Computer Lab Assignment
1. Students will be given instructions on how to build a website.
2. Students will build a website and discuss things line crossing-over and chromosomal non-disjunction
3. The website must include definitions of each and provide examples of how these affect inheritance
Project Relating Mutagens and Genetic Engineering
Computer Lab Project
1. Students will go to the lab and create a blog about mutagens and what can be done to prevent mutagen exposure.
2. Students will find a current event on genetic engineering and write a summary about it the summary must be at least two pages.
Project Relating Genetic Disorders and Disease to patterns of Genetic Inheritance
Home Science Project Assignment Scrapbook
1. Students will select one recessive disorder and write a summary on that disorder and present the disorder on a scrapbook page.
2. Students will select one dominant disorder and write a summary on that disorder and present the disorder on a scrapbook page.
3. Students will select one Sex-Linked disorder and present the disorder on a scrapbook page.