InfoOhio Search - AW Libraries link to books available
Types of Research:
To write a biography you should:
1. Select a person you are interested in
2. Find out the basic facts of the person's life. Start with the links above.
3. Think about what else you would like to know about the person, and what parts of the life you want to write most about.
Some questions you might want to think about include:
- What makes this person special or interesting?
- What kind of effect did he or she have on the world? other people?
- What are the adjectives you would most use to describe the person?
- What examples from their life illustrate those qualities?
- What events shaped or changed this person's life?
- Did he or she overcome obstacles? Take risks? Get lucky?
Would the world be better or worse if this person hadn't lived? How and why?
4. Do additional research at your library or on the Internet to find information that helps you answer these questions and
tell an interesting story.
5. Write your biography.