Mrs. Steele’s 6th Grade Science Class
What are 6th graders going to do?
September/October: Chemistry – YES!!! 6 graders can work with Chemistry. (Elements, solids, gasses, liquids, etc…)
November/December: Earth Science (Tectonic plates, volcanoes, mountain ranges, “Will California fall into the ocean?”, etc…)
January/February: Systems (Water cycle, carbon cycle, environments, etc…)
- All students will follow the Classroom Rules as discussed and posted by the class. Please return the signed Safety Sheet ASAP !
- All homework will be turned in on time to receive full credit. (each student will receive one pass per semester - everyone has an emergency every now and then)
- All students will bring a 3-ring binder to school to keep their notes organized. (please speak to me if there is a problem securing one for your child)
- The classroom will follow school districts policies. (please see school handbook for specific rules and violations)
- We are teaching our 6th graders to be responsible for their education. Please have students contact me with questions or concerns (see contact information listed below)
I AM HERE TO HELP THEM TO LEARN AND GROW !
Feel free to contact me for your concerns or to ask question
Please respect that I am at school to teach your children during school hours. If it is necessary to meet with me, please contact me to set up a meeting so I may give you my undivided attention. Class time is not fair to you or your child.
You may also e-mail or call me at school. I will respond within 24 hours.
school phone #: (012)345-6789
90 - 100 = A The class has discussed the importance
80 - 89 = B of bringing all materials to class and
70 - 79 = C coming prepared to learn. DO NOT be
60 - 69 = D alarmed if your child learns cool things
about the scientific world around him/her.