Pool Pump

pool pumps

The pool pump is one of the main equipments of the pool purification system and if it is not, water will not be pumped in the purification system; As a result, the water circulation in the pool piping system is not done and the pool water is not treated. The presence of a purification system along with a pool pump is an integral part of all pools. Each pool circulation system must have at least one sand filter and pump. Even small indoor pools.
The pool pump must pump all the pool water within a certain period of time and deliver it to the sand filter and return it to the pool after treatment. Finally, the water returns to the pool by jets after passing through other parts of the treatment system, such as heat exchanger, PH regulator, etc. Pool pumps have different models in terms of head or flow, component structure, capacity and power, brand, etc.

pool pump

How the pool pump works

The pool pump sucks water through either a skimmer or an overflow. In the first method, a skimmer is installed on the upper surface of the deep part of the pool and a suction valve is installed at the deepest point of the pool to direct water from the pool bowl to the pump. The best installation height of the pump is lower than the height of the suction valve. Because with this, it is located exactly under the center of gravity of the pool and suction is done well. This is to provide sufficient pressure for the incoming water flow to the pump. About 70% of the water entering the pump is supplied through the suction valve of the pool floor and the remaining 30% through the skimmer.

After suction, water is directed to the strainer and then to the pump. The strainer is one of the ancillary equipment of the pool which is installed on the pump and in its inlet part. The job of the strainer is to prevent impurities and debris from entering the pool pump.

One of the largest brands of pool pump production in the world is the Hayward brand. Other brands include IML, Hyperpool and Peraqua.