This excited class will start off with subatomic particles and the periodic table and graduate into balancing chemical equations and understanding chemical bonds. This will be a "hands on" year that everyone will thoroughly enjoy. Since this year will contain several equations and some complicated concepts, we will precede slowly. This means that a couple of chapters will be skipped so we can grasp the essential concepts to understanding Chemistry.
- A Beka Chemistry: Precision & Design, 3rd Edition
- A Beka Chemistry Answer Key, 3rd Edition
- A Beka Chemistry Lab Manual, 3rd Edition
Syllabus is a guide. It includes all the assignments for the week; you can complete the work as you see fit during the week. Keep in mind that due dates for assignments DO NOT change.
- Closed Book Tests will be made by myself.
- The homework grade will consist of various concept worksheets.
- Open Book Quizzes will be assigned online.
- Lab grade will consist of in-class experiments.
- One project will be completed each semester.