My rules are simple yet designed to format trust and respect in the classroom.
1. Treat others how you would like to be treated.
2. Do not talk when your classmate is talking. It is out of respect for them, and they will do the same when you speak!
3. Absolutely NO hitting, throwing, kicking, punching etc.
4. Say "Hi!" to Mr. E when you walk in .
5. Follow all directions.
6. Raise your hand if there is a problem or you need to get help and I will be there for you.
The ideas behind any dicipline is not to scold the student but rather have them learn why it was wrong and keep it from happening in the future. Therefore I make them take responsibility by coming to my office to fill out a behavior change sheet. The student will write what they did and what they can do next time to change it. After 3 times, parents will be called in for meetings.
I understand not everyone has good days all the time. I will do my best to make sure the classroom is a safe, happy, educational, and supportive environment. I believe that a good attitude catches on quickly, so that will be our main focus every day; developing positive attitudes about the way we see ourselves, and the way we treat other. Remember-High Expectations in Mr. E's class!!