George Jenkins High School
- to become knowledgeable about the cuisine of a specific foreign spanish speaking country.
- to plan a complete meal that will be prepared and served as part of the class.
- to educate the class about the history of the types of foods and eating habits identified with that country.
- to work cooperatively with a group to plan and present the information to the class.
SEARCHING FOR FOOD
try entering: "recipes,(name of country)"
for ex.— recipes, Spain
(do not use quotation marks, and do use a space before the name of the country) FOREIGN FOOD WEB SITES:
- Good Cooking—Surf the World for Culinary Creativity
- Good Cooking—World Tour (additional countries or updates)
- World Cuisines (Country links and related Web Pages)
- Conversion Charts
- Flags of All Countries—great site
- Ethnic Cuisine: Ethnic Cuisine
- Global Chef's World Recipes (Archived edition)—recipes from several countries
Quick Maps of the World—great site—
- after clicking a specific country, can also find population, size of country, and basic history information
- Recipe Source
- Yahoo!—Food and Drink > Countries and Cultures
- A Culinary World Tour
- Delicious India's International Recipes—many other countries included
- Global Gourmet's Global Destinations—dining customs for many countries
- Good Cooking's World Tour
- Cooking around the world country by country on the Worldwide Gourmet
- Cookbook Cuisines - Wiki
- search by region
- general searches