Homework: Read chapters 3-5 in Lord of the Flies and write a double entry journal for each chapter. Think what does Piggy's glasses and the beast represent in the government the boys are making?
Please keep reading at home in your independent reading book!
Specific Classroom Expectations: Mr. D's class came up with the classroom expectations and consequences/rewards together. Here is what they came up with:
- Respect everyone in the classroom and their beliefs
- Always be prepared for class
- Have homework in on time unless okayed by Mr. D
- The class is an open forum, unless a rule is broken and needs to be addressed
- Be Safe
- Work together to the best of your abilities
- Work hard