To promote growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner and community leader, members develop skills for life through: character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge, and career preparation.
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities.
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today's society
- To promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations
Any student enrolled in Exploring Family and Consumer Science is a member of the LJH FCCLA
Meeting are held during class as a Class Club
Community Service Projects:
Fall 2017 Anti-bullying pledge campaign ; You are not alone.
Top Turkey contest to benefit the Food Pantry of Orange Park (1163 items donated)
Spring 2018 Clay Humane donations (winning class will receive a cookie party from FCCLA
"In teaching others we teach ourselves" - Proverb