1.f. - Add, subtract, multiply, and divide (with and without remainders) using non-negative rational numbers. (DOK 1)
1.g. - Estimate sums, differences, products, and quotients of non-negative rational numbers to include strategies such as front-end rounding, benchmark numbers, compatible numbers, and rounding. (DOK 2)
1. divisor - the number that you are dividing by
2. dividend - the number that you are dividing into
3. remainder - the amount that is left over after you have divided the problem evenly
4. quotient - the answer to a division problem
5. array - a way to organize equal groups in a division problem that is created by rows and columns
6. estimate - to make a guess
7. rounding - Making an estimate to a particular whole number or decimal place by either rounding up or rounding down depending on which estimate is closest to the exact value
8. sum - the answer to an addition problem
9. difference - the answer to a subtraction problem
10. product - the answer to a multiplication problem
Monday - Division (One-digit divisor) page 36
Tuesday - no homework due to weekly assessment
Wednesday - Divide whole numbers page 13
Thursday - Estimate sums/differences page 3
Friday - Estimate products page 5
Break the Code words
Monday - divide
Tuesday - quotient
Wednesday - remainder
Thursday - rounding
Friday - value
Daily Skill Calendar
Monday - The student will divide whole numbers (with and without remainders) by one-digit divisors.
Tuesday - The student will complete a weekly assessment on the following skills:
- 1.a. Compare and order whole numbers, decimals, and fractions.
- 1.b. Compose and decompose whole numbers and decimals.
- 1.f. Add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers.
- 2.a. Solve one- and two-step equations.
- 2.c. Solve problems using math properties.
Wednesday - The student will divide whole numbers (with and without remainders) by two-digit divisors.
Thursday - The student will estimate the sums and differences of whole numbers and number with decimals.
Friday - The student will estimate the products of whole numbers.