Course Description: This course integrates advanced algebra and geometry concepts. Students are taught methods to analyze, solve, and interpret real-world applications associated with health sciences. Modeling of health-science data and problems are used in the discussion of polynomial, quadratic, exponential, and logarithmic functions. The course provides students with a variety of analytical tools designed to make them more effective quantitative problem-solvers while strengthening their preparation for college-level pre-calculus and calculus.
- Mathematics is not a spectator sport! A large portion of what we will do in this class will take place in the classroom and you will be expected to participate.
- The overriding expectation in the class is respect: respect for you, respect for other students, respect for the teacher, respect for the school, and respect for any guests we may have in our class.
- In our class we use graphing calculators daily to explore, discover, and reinforce the concepts.
- Complete all work in pencil. Use a pen to correct your homework when we go over it in class.
- Pay attention, take notes and complete all assignments on time.
- You will be required to keep a notebook containing your class notes, handouts, tests, quizzes, and project reviews.