· School hours are 8:00-3:00
· Children are let into the classroom at 8:00, if they arrive before that time they must go to the cafeteria.
· Please make sure your child is in the classroom by 8:15.
· After 8:15, students are considered tardy and parents must sign them in at the office.
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT DROP OFF OR PICK UP YOUR CHILD IN YOUR VEHICLE AT THE BACK OF THE SCHOOL.
· Students will be given grades A through F on their report card. A progress report will be sent home midway through the grading period. GRADES CAN BE VIEWED ONLINE AT ANY TIME.
o Any recorded grade will have a letter and/or numerical grade on them. These grades will count towards their report card.
o Daily work will be graded with an S, N, U, or check mark. These are papers are for instruction, skill practice and reinforcement.
· Homework is given most days Monday – Thursday. It teaches responsibility and reinforces skills taught.
· Spelling, Reading, and Grammar tests are given on Fridays. Other tests: Math, Science, and Social Studies, etc. are given upon completion of content material.
· A spelling list can be found on the class website for each reading unit as well as a weekly spelling list and vocabulary/sight word list. These words will be part of their reading vocabulary as well.
· Your child will receive various reading assessments throughout the year. All of these will help measure growth more accurately.
· These assessments include the STAR (A.R. assessment), FAIR (Florida Assessment in Reading) which may be given to a student that misses the testing dates for DEA, as well as, the DEA (Discovery Education Assessment) which is also give 3x's a year.
· A written note must be sent to the teacher if you are changing your child’s transportation method for the day.
· Please include the date, transportation change, teacher and student’s name, and your signature. CHANGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED OVER THE PHONE.
· Students should Be Responsible, Be Respectful, and Be Safe at all times.
· If a child is off-task or misbehaving their behavior grade will be affected. 1=Satisfactory, 2=Needs Improving, 3=Unsatisfactory.
· All parents must sign in and receive a visitor’s pass before coming to your child’s classroom.
· Parents are not allowed to bring younger children/siblings during volunteer hours.
Please DO NOT walk into your child’s classroom during instruction hours without a visitor’s pass. This disrupts the learning environment for all students.