CLIA @ The Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities June 2014
Please keep in mind that you will be housed in the SCGSAH Residence Hall, in dormitory
suites and NOT a hotel. Therefore, you will want to bring any and all creature comforts.
This list is based on the comments shared by teachers who attended the previous summer
institutes on campus.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
· Standard twin bed sheets; pillow and pillow case comforter or blanket
· Towels, wash cloths, Bath mat
· Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc) Kleenex
· Ice chest (there is an ice machine in dorm), soft drinks or bottled water, snacks
· Change for vending machines and laundry facilities
· Alarm clock
· Desk lamp and/or floor lamp –There is only one light on wall in room and it is not bright, night light
· Temp is controlled in room but a small fan can help with air circulation
· Luggage cart or strolling cart (for moving in and out) It is a long and winding road from the unloading area to your room so anything with wheels will help…or pack lightly!
· Band-aids, first aid cream, pain reliever
· Cell phone (no phones are provided in dorm rooms)
· Laptop or other computer (a limited number of computers and printers will be available in the dorm)
· Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included with your registration at the institute with no cost.
· SCGSAH is a smoke-free campus. There are no designated smoking areas on campus.
· Alcohol is strictly prohibited. There are restaurants just a short walk away.
· Anticipate changes in weather – pack rain gear, umbrella, and sweater or jacket as meeting rooms can be cold.
· The campus is adjacent to the beautiful Falls Park – pack your walking shoes.
· All visitors on campus must wear ID badges. These will be provided on the day of arrival.
· You are responsible for dorm keys must be returned at check out or paid for if lost.
· The campus offers wireless access, and computer labs will also be open during the week of the institute. For computer access in dorm rooms, bring a network cable (Ethernet cord). Wireless in the dorm is spotty. Some floors have it others do not. If you do have it it will go off around 1 am as that is the curfew for the govies (what the students call themselves).