Welcome to my class!
This quarter students focus on:
- 5.E.1.1 Compare daily and seasonal changes in weather conditions (including wind speed and direction, precipitation, and temperature) and patterns.
- 5.E.1.2 Predict upcoming weather events from weather data collected through observation and measurements.
- 5.E.1.3 Explain how global patterns such as the jet stream and water currents influence local weather in measurable terms such as temperature, wind direction and speed, and precipitation.
Students should be able to:
- I can explain how clouds and precipitation are classified.
- I can compare and contrast the daily and seasonal changes in weather.
- I can explain the different weather patterns based on observations.
- I can predict the weather based on data collected and observed.
- I can explain the differences in weather based on local and global patterns.
- I can compare and contrast the jet stream and Gulf stream.
- I can identify the impact of wind on weather patterns.
BrainPop username - mtenergy password - mustangs