Welcome to Room 209
Now that we have finished the 1st quarter we have seen great progress and growth in the areas of math, reading, writing, science, and social studies.
We are currently working on a number of things in the room, but I always reinforce the need to be kind and respectful to others. Room 209 is a TEAM! Students should set their goals high and aim big!
Students will learn many, many new things this quarter. Remember...reading is very important in all the subjects areas!
The Chicago Public Library has many excellent programs for your child! You can even get passes for many of the museums in the city.
READ, READ, READ, Every night!
There are many resources available to students with special education needs and their families. Below are a few websites that are recommended for parents and students with a 504 or Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Chicago Public Schools- Office of Special Education Services:
- All Kids- A program that offers children in Illinois access to comprehensive, affordable health insurance:
- Family Resource Center on Disabilities- A Parent’s Guide to Special Education Rights:
- Autism Speaks: An organization dedicated to raising Autism awareness.
- What is an IEP?: A short-and-sweet overview of what is involved in a student’s IEP.
- Just for Parents: Learning about the Special Education Process
- Understanding the Special Education Process
If anyone needs additional resources or activities for your student, please e-mail or better yet, make an appointment and visit! I would be happy to help!