Technological Components for most courses
Updated 08 August 2010
Technological Credentials of Mr. Creel
1. Credentialed ACCESS (VCI & WBI) instructor through the ALSDE and UA Tuscaloosa
2. Administrator / Teacher for Novelstars Credit Recovery system and classes at Maplesville High School.
3. Completed Podcasting training through ALEX and Apple Computer
4. Completed EDU6611: Becoming an Online Course Facilitator through e-Learning for Educator – Alabama to teach Moodle.
5. Certified on Microwave & Radio Spectrum Analyzer by Anritsu Corporation to sweep cables and antenna systems for Frequency Domain Reflectometry (FDR), Based Return Loss, and Voltage Standing Wave Radio (VSWR) measurements, Distance-To-Fault (DTF) measurements, Radio Frequency, Bandwidth, Field Strength, Adjacent Channel Power Ratio (ACPR) applications, Carrier to Interference (C/I).
6. Attended numerous seminars, conferences, and trainings related to computer and other technological applications.
7. Credentialed by Chilton County Board of Education (Mrs. Huff) to teach Technology.
1. Lectures and discussions are supplemented via web-based materials, CD-ROM topic specific material, Power Point presentations, Word Documents, Excel spreadsheets, and other applications.
2. Lesson plans / Syllabus are presented to students, parents, faculty and administration via web site – http://creel.educatorpages.com – in Excel, Word, and HTML formats (this is linked to the Maplesville High School web site).
3. Assignments are frequently required to be submitted via Electronic Mail (e-mail).
4. The preferred method of communication with parents, students (outside of class), faculty and administration is Electronic Mail (e-mail).
5. Textbooks for many classes are available via CD-ROM.
6. Flash Drives (Memory Sticks, Zip Drives, External Hard Drives) are required of all students and are utilized in relaying course specific materials, homework and class assignments.
7. ELMO, LCD Projector, DVD player, computers, and other technological equipment are utilized daily.
8. Students use Word Processors for numerous assignments throughout the year.
Technology Education (2009) Course of Study [TE COS]
Mr. Creel’s classes will meet several standards of the Technology Education (2009) Course of Study - http://alex.state.al.us/browseStand.php .
1. TE COS 3.) Demonstrate advanced technology skills, including compressing, converting, importing, exporting, and backing up files.
a. Transferring data among applications
b. Demonstrating digital file transfer
c. Examples: attaching, uploading, downloading
2. TE COS 4.) Utilize advanced features of word processing software, including outlining, tracking changes, hyperlinking, and mail merging.
3. TE COS 6.) Utilize advanced features of multimedia software, including image, video, and audio editing.
4. TE COS 8.) Practice safe uses of social networking and electronic communication.
a. Recognizing dangers of online predators
b. Protecting personal information online
c. Example: recognizing risk of identity theft
5. TE COS 9.) Practice ethical and legal use of technology systems and digital content.
a. Explaining consequences of illegal and unethical use of technology systems and digital content
b. Examples: cyberbullying, plagiarism
c. Interpreting copyright laws and policies with regard to ownership and use of digital content
d. Citing sources of digital content using a style manual
e. Examples: Modern Language Association (MLA), American Psychological Association (APA)
6. TE COS 10.) Analyze capabilities and limitations of current and emerging technologies.
a. Assessing effects of technology on culture, economics, politics, and the environment
b. Comparing capabilities of various technologies to address personal, social, lifelong learning, and career needs
7. TE COS 11.) Critique digital content for validity, accuracy, bias, currency, and relevance.
8. TE COS 13.) Demonstrate collaborative skills using curriculum-related content in digital environments.
a. Examples: completing assignments online; interacting with experts and peers in a structured, online learning environment
9. TE COS 15.) Forecast technology innovations based on trends.
10. TE COS 16.) Create a product that integrates information from multiple software applications.
a. Example: pasting spreadsheet-generated charts into a presentation
11. TE COS 17.) Create an interactive digital product using programming logic.
a. Examples: products-digital games, interactive learning tools
b. programming logic-"if-then" statements, authoring software