1. Journal Topics for the week : (at least one full page)
- Wednesday: Write about going back to school after summer vacation.
- Thursday: Write a thank you note to a friend who gave you onion and garlic-flavored chewing gum.
Friday: Draw an imaginary constellation. Write a story such as ancient people might have told about it.
2. Vocabulary Words:
- Write the the definition of all 13 words.
- Use the Words in a sentence (complete for all 13 words)
- Write a sentence from the story that uses the vocabulary word (complete for all 13 words)
New Words: Morass, Amiably, Perturbed, Shambled, Evasive, Talisman, Forlorn, Qualm, Punitive, Vindictive, Temporized, Avid, Fleet
3. Reading : "Teenage Wasteland"
During reading questions
After reading questions
5. Writing activity: Complete both activities
- Pretend to be someone in the book, write a letter to Donny (at least 1 full page written)
- Pretend to be Donny and write to someone in the story (at least 1 full page written)
6. MLA Process
- Reading MLA: Starting the Writing Process
- Answer the following questions
- What determines the quality of writing?
- What is recommended to do before you begin to write?
- How do you need to schedule your time spent writing?
- What elements make up the rhetorical situation?
- What questions do you need to ask yourself about the audience?
- What are the different types of purposes that writing can serve?
- Summarize the paragraph on Pre-writing strategies in your own words.