HOMEWORK: ADDITIONAL ACTIVITES IDEAS
(These are optional activities that you may do if you are looking for something extra).
- Find and list additional words that follow the spelling rule.
- Take a spelling word and look it up in the dictionary. Tell the page number of the dictionary, the word before it, and the word after it. Use the word in a sentence. (Do this for as many spelling words as you would like).
- Take the letters from one spelling word (or combine a few words). Use those letters to make other words. Keep a list of all the words that you make.
- Play a board game or a card game.
- Keep a diary.
- Write letters to friends and family.
- Read a clock whenever possible and keep track of the time.
- Get a big handful of coins and count the total amount.
- Set up pretend store and practice making change.
- Count numbers forwards and backwards. Count by tens starting at a random number. Skip count by 2s, 5s, 10s, 25s, 50s, 100s, or 1000s.
- Work on your cutting and gluing skills.
- Practice your handwriting.
- Take on some extra responsibilities around the house.