I would like to welcome you and your child to my class. We have a lot of fun and exciting things to learn this year. I would like to take this opportunity to share a little bit about myself.
I was born and raised in Carson City. I received my Bachelors degree from the University of Nevada, Reno and earned my Master’s degree from Grand Canyon University. This will be my nineteenth year of teaching ; my seventeenth year teaching 1st graders. My husband and I have 3 children. When I am not teaching, I enjoy spending time with my family.
First grade is an important part of your child’s educational foundation. This is a time of incredible growth and maturity. As your child’s teacher I strive to:
- Create a cooperative environment so each student is actively engaged.
- Provide an atmosphere where students feel comfortable taking risks while learning a new and challenging curriculum.
- Make sure each student experiences the magic of learning and succeeds.
- Communicate with parents who are our Partners in Education.
- Ensure that every student leaves with all the skills needed to be successful in Second Grade.
You are the most important teacher your child will ever have. I welcome and encourage you to take an active role in your child’s learning. I am confident that by working together we can achieve these goals. I look forward to working with you and your child this year. If you have any questions, please contact me at 283-1000.
It is going to be a great year!