In case you need a reminder:
1) BEHAVE; act like young adults. Treat others in the class (fellow students and teacher) with respect and dignity. If this becomes a problem, you will be asked to leave the classroom and may not be asked to come back. This is academic time, not social time! Together, we are going to make this the BEST learning year ever!
2) You must be in your seat when the bell rings, books, computer, and other things out and ready to go. If you aren’t in your seat when the bell rings, you will be counted tardy and will be marked as such on the attendance.
3) Please raise your hand if you want to talk. No outbursts, talking out of turn, or talking while the teacher is talking will be accepted; furthermore, do not get out of your seat when the teacher is talking or for any other reason. If you need to get out of your desk, ASK if you must.
4) Assignments are due on the day that they are requested. NO LATE PAPERS accepted!!!!!!! No excuses either-if there is a problem, call 746-3682. If you participate in sports or extracurricular activities, your homework MUST be turned in BEFORE you leave. Also, if you are going to be gone for a dentist, orthodontist, doctor, or for what ever reason, you homework must be turned in.
5) There are certain places in this classroom that are off limits: my computer, my desk, the closet, the file cabinets, and the cupboards.
6) All final assignments must be typed and the writing process shown. Please double space everything and use Times Roman, 12 point ONLY! Handwritten rough drafts are also double spaced.
7) Keep gum in your mouth! If I see gum outside your mouth I will ask you to throw it away. Furthermore, no pop, soft drinks or food allowed in this classroom; however, water is fine.
8) There are two things in this world that I can’t and won’t tolerate: a liar and a cheat. Don’t be either.
9) You will not be allowed to leave the room unless it is an emergency. Go to the bath room and get a drink during the passing time.
10) Please stay in your seat at all times. If you have a question raise your hand and I will come to you or will ask you to me. If you have the need to get out of your desk, raise your hand and ask for permission. There will be no wondering around… The learning is focused in this room!
11) Please follow the school’s policy for cell phones. Do not bring them to class!!!!!
12) Please follow the policy for the computers. The English Department has a set of supporting rules for you to abide by also.