Should a bomb threat be made over the telephone, the individual who answered the call must keep the caller on the line as long as possible and write down as much information as they can. The exact time, description of the caller's voice and any details about the actual bomb should be documented.
Once the caller hangs up the receiver, the individual who answered the call should immediately dial *69 to see if they can retrieve the phone number from which the call was made. Administration should be notified immediately of the call.
BOMB THREAT PROCEDURE:
- After the call has been made, the fire alarm will be pulled in order to evacuate the building as fast as possible.
- The administration will call 911 to report the incident and then notify the superintendant's office of the situation.
- Teachers must escort all students to the football fields across the street from the school.
- Teachers must call roll to ensure all students are accounted for and notify office personnel of any missing student.
- Administration will meet the authorities and relay all information.
- Administration will remain with authorities and assist in searching the building if they are asked to do so.
- Members of the Emergency Response Team will assist office staff in dismissing students if their parents arrive and wish to take them home.