Dr. Anderson's Biology Page
Paxton High School, Paxton, Florida
1. 3 Ringed Binder
q Colored pencils (This will be for a grade!)
· ABSOLUTELY NO LATE HOMEWORK OR LABS!!!!!!
· Labs and homework are due at the beginning of the period. They will be counted as a zero if you are working on the completion of them after the bell rings or do not hand them in at the beginning of class when collected. Partially complete is better than a zero.
· The day you return to school, you need to pick up your make-up work and see me about filling in your lab notebook. You get one day for every day absent to complete assignments. Ex. If you missed a gold day and return to school the next day, then you need to come to my room to pick up missed work even though you don’t have class.
· Pick up class work you missed in the file folder marked honors biology.
· Turn in any work that was collected while you were gone. This is your responsibility!
· Make arrangements for SRT for labs that you missed or for help on things you don’t understand.
· If you DO NOT complete a lab you missed while you were absent, it will result in a ZERO!!!! YOU ARE NOT EXCUSED FROM CLASSWORK IF ABSENT.
· If your absence(s) are unexcused, each absence will result in a 2% reduction from the six weeks grade.
· You will be expected to make up missed tests in class or in SRT the day you return to school.
· If you are absent the day of a review for the test you are still expected to take the test the day you return to school; again check the syllabus!
You will be given 50 points at the beginning of each grading period. Points can be deducted for the following reasons:
· Not following lab safety rules such as wearing goggles. You will be asked to sit down and you will be unable to participate or to make up the lab, which will result in a zero.
· Not participating in labs, class activities, videos, and class discussions.
· SLEEPING DURING CLASS DISCUSSION OR VIDESO OR NOT FOLLOWING LAB SAFETY RULES WILL RESULT IN A ZERO FOR ALL CLASS ACTIVITIES/LABS FOR THAT DAY and 5 point deduction.
· Failure to clean your lab station and glassware. All materials should be cleaned and returned to the original set up. Failure to clean your station will result in points deducted from participation.
· Your ability to participate in class discussion will be kept track of on a daily basis; completing the readings and reading guides should prepare you for class discussion.
· Disruptions or interruptions could result in points deducted from your participation grade.
· If you have any electronical device such as a cell phone, IPod, headphones or other they will be taken away from you and there will be a 5 point deduction.
· Eating food, candy, drinks other than water, or suckers.
· If you leave class to use the restroom or locker, it is a 5 point deduction from your participation grade.
· If you are visiting other lab stations for answers during a lab points will be deducted.
· Messing with lab equipment without permission or breaking lab equipment from horseplay or purposefully will result in a 10 point deduction.
q Tests 40%
q Labs/Activities/Lab Reports/Projects 30%
q Homework 10%
q Participation (Portfolio and class behavior) 20%
· Cheating will not be tolerated and will result in a ZERO on any test, quiz, lab, or homework assignment for both parties involved (THIS INCLUDES COPYING
SOMEOME ELSE’S WORK AND PLAGIARISM.)
SCHOOL WIDE GRADING SCALE:
A = 100-93 B+ = 89-87 C+ = 79-77 D+ = 69-67 F = 59 and below
A- = 92- 90 B = 86-83 C = 76-73 D = 66-63
B- = 82-80 C- = 72-70 D- = 62-60
Calculating Nine-Week Grades:
(your homework points X 10) + (your lab/project points X 30) + (Test/quiz points X 40) + (participation X 20)
Total homework points Total lab/project points Total test/quiz points Total participation points
** Be sure to keep everything in your portfolio for your records and to use to study for entire semester**
August 12 - General Science Exam Ch 1
August 15 - Biology Exam Ch 1
August 15 - Physics lab exam
August 16 - Physics Exam Ch 1-2
I expect all homework to be completed and placed in the designated homework basket before the start of the class period.
All homework is due within a 24 hour time period (next day).
Weekend and holiday homework is due the day school resumes.
WHERE DO I FIND MY HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS?
Each class has a designated area on the HOMEWORK WHITEBOARD. Please look to see what your homework assignment is as the assignment is posted weekly.