Research on a Selected Animal
Guiding Questions for your Report
1. Common name:__________________ ___Scientific name:_____________________
2. Where does it live? (Show the location of its habitat on a map)
3. What is its lifespan (How long does it live?)
4. What does it eat? And, when does it eat? circle one: day or night
5. List some of its predators:
6. What is the difference between the male and female?
7. What are its breeding patterns (how does it find a mate?)
8. When does it have its offspring (time of the year)? What is the gestation period (how long is it pregnant)?
9. Why did you choose this animal?
10. List 3 important facts about this animal that you did not list before. (i.e. is it a nocturnal animal, specific adaptations to its environment, etc.)