4th Nine Weeks
Students must pick one of the following topics and bring 4 source cards. Use www.easybib.com for help with cards. Topics must be approved by me.
Research Paper Topics
Pick 1 of the following topics for your research paper:
- Are children smarter (or more socialized) because of the Internet?
- Should certain kinds of ads be banned in the interest of health/morality/annoyance – alcohol, cigarettes, prescription meds, etc…?
- Should it be illegal to use animals for sports and entertainment?
- How have cell phones changed us socially?
- Should juvenile offenders be tried and punished as adults?
- Are arranged marriages unethical?
- Should there be a minimum weight limit for models?
- Should the government be allowed to wiretap without permission?
- Should government impose restrictions on what kinds of foods can be served in school cafeterias?
- Pros and cons of school uniforms.
- Do children learn better in boys-only and girls-only schools?
- Should spanking be outlawed?
- What are the effects on children whose parents push them in sports?
- Do certain children’s toys create social or emotional problems?
- There’s a minimum wage, but should there also be a maximum wage/salary a person can earn?
- Should schools ban the sale of junk food?
- Should cell phones be allowed in school?
- Should the president of the United States only be elected by the people?
- Is it unethical to eat meat?
- Should professional athletes be good role models?
- Are zoos harmful for animals?
- Should the United States ban the death penalty?
- Are beauty pageants harmful for children?
- Should athletes be allowed to play in professional sports if they didn’t go to college?
- Do you think that recycling is important?
- Do you think that alcohol is a problem that is wide-spread among teenagers?
- Do you think that natural disasters are the result of human activities?
- Can peer pressure be harmful to children and young adults?